Monday, December 6, 2010

Congradulations, it's a C?

 Today I had an interesting talk with my lit professor regarding my recent lit final. She informed me that apparently I’m a wonderful writer and bring so much to the table. She wanted to give me an A on the paper but, couldn’t? Instead I got a C
.
Here is what I don’t get. If a papers is bad, you say so and show it with a poorly grade, which I got. But if it’s good then show it with a good grade. No, my paper was beautiful example of a realistic short story set in modern context. But the theme was a little taboo and this is a college lit class, and we have to keep it in the naturalism and what not.

Idk, I’m rambling tonight and I’m tired. I just can’t stop obsessing over it. I’ve always been good at lit and English. Those are my strong sides when it comes to school, and now this. I’m sorry, but telling someone they’re a great writer doesn’t sound that convincing after you give them a C. 

Anyways, I’m moving over to my books now. It’s all naturalism tonight, and maybe I can try do get a do over? It’s a long shot, but I have to try. Maybe I’ll read a little Ibsen or Skram, you never know where you’ll get that inspiration from.


No comments:

Post a Comment